Monday, February 11, 2013
Beauty: NYFW Backstage at Emerson with Miss Pop for Orly Nails
The nail look behind Emerson Fall 2013 Runway Show was from one of my favorite brands, ORLY. The nail expert who style the design on the models was the fun and creative Miss Pop. A signature sexy lace nail look inspired by fabric from Emerson’s fall collection was one of the highlights to execute the intricate layered design. Miss Pop used ORLY nail lacquers in shades Pure Porcelain and After Party, treatment products and tools. Check out our exclusive interview about how she got her start, a quick tutorial of the backstage nail look and Miss Pop shares the best nail trend to rock for this spring season.
“For the models’ nails, we wanted to design a look that was romantic, but a little dark and edgy too. And nothing is more sexy and chic than the beautiful lace from the Emerson Fall 2013 collection,” said Miss Pop.
How to get the Emerson Fall 2013 Runway Show nail design:
· Apply one coat of ORLY BONDER Basecoat to nails.
· Paint two coats of ORLY Nail Lacquer in Pure Porcelain. Allow time for these nude coats to dry completely.
The Pure Porcelain shade $8.50 is part of Orly’s Precious Collection
· Using the ORLY detailer brush, draw three diagonal lines from left to right. Then, draw three diagonal lines from right to left. This should create a crisscross pattern like fishnets across the nail.
· With the larger ball of the ORLY Dotter Duo tool, make four dots with ORLY Nail Lacquer in After Party at the intersection of each line to create florets.
The After Party shade $8.50 is part of Orly’s Feel the Vibe Collection
· To create the intricate lacework detail, connect the dots using a swooping half-moon motion with the Detailer brush. Allow a few minutes for the look to dry.
· Top off this lace look with poliSHIELD for a lasting high shine finish and your nails ready for the runway… or a sexy rendezvous!
Check out Miss Pop on Tumblr, Facebook and Twitter
Special thanks to the LAFORCE-STEVENS team Stephanie C. Lindsay K. and Ivy C. for the invite I had so much fun! Much love to Miss Pop for the interview you ROCKED IT!