Inspired by Rebecca Minkoff’s unique 3D prints and color scheme, Michelle Saunders for essie created freehand watercolor nail art for the hands. Similar to a watercolor painting, each nail serves as a unique piece of art that intertwines with the collection. For the toes, Michelle chose bikini so teeny to complement the colors found throughout the garments.
The style is young, fresh and has that beachy vibe. Perfect combo for a mini vacation beauty look.
first base base coat
bikini so teeny
turquoise & caicos
good to go top coat
Get the look (hands):
1. Apply one coat of blanc to make the polish shades appear
2. Beginning at the nail bed, apply one coat of bikini so teeny
to half of the nail
3. Next, apply one coat of turquoise & caicos to the
remaining half of the nail, slightly overlapping with bikini
so teeny in the middle
4. Next, dip a striping brush in lollipop and create a thin
horizontal fault line across each nail (do this step to one
hand at a time, as the red polish needs to be wet in order
to create the watercolor effect)
5. Directly after creating the fault line, apply a generous
amount of good to go top coat over the entire nail;
continue to blend towards the tip of the nail until the
desired look is achieved
*Expert tip: a base coat is not necessary when creating nail art that consists of several layers of polish; it will make the polish too thick and extremely hard to work with.
MY SOCIAL MEDIA
My Online Boutique